Information for Volunteers
Give the gift of time
If you can spare just four hours a week, we invite you to apply for one of the most satisfying jobs around, volunteering at Kaiser Permanente. As a volunteer, you will offer comfort and non-clinical aid to patients, members, visitors and staff.
Your volunteer time is flexible
We ask every volunteer to commit to one 4-hour shift per week for a minimum of six months. Hours may vary according to your service assignment. Weekday, weekend and evening hours are available.
Requirements for volunteering
Each volunteer must meet the following requirements to be eligible for our Central Valley Kaiser Permanente Volunteer Program:
- Meet our age requirements:
- Student Applicants – ages 16-17 years (student applicants only accepted at the Manteca and Modesto Medical Center locations).
- Adult Applicants – ages 18 years and older.
- Commit to a 4 hour shift, once a week for six months.
- Not actively seeking employement
Please note: Volunteering at Kaiser Permanente is not a precursor to employement. For employment opportunities, visit our Human Resources Department or apply online at jobs.kp.org.
How to Volunteer
To apply for the Central Valley Kaiser Permanente Volunteer Program, you must attend an information session. The informational session will provide you with information on the requirements of our program, answer all your questions about our program and provide you with an understanding of our expectations, as well as get an understanding of what you are looking for in volunteering.
The informational sessions are held once a month at the Modesto Medical Center and space is limited. If you would like to attend an informational session please send the following information to Central-Valley-Volunteer-Services@kp.org:
- Your Full Name.
- Indicate if you are a Student (ages 16 years to 17 years) or Adult (18 years and older).
- Your reason for wanting to Volunteer with Kaiser Permanente.
If you have any questions, you may contact the Volunteer Department by calling 209-735-6080 or emailing Central-Valley-Volunteer-Services@kp.org.
Unable to donate your time?
There are ways you can help us other than serving in our medical centers. Volunteer Services coordinates a craft corner that continually needs:
- Cotton fabric to make pillows
- Polyester pillow stuffing
- Scrapbook & cardstock paper
- Used or new greeting cards
- Yarn for blankets & caps
We also collect magazines and DVDs for use in our hospitals.
If you have items to donate, simply drop them off to a volunteer at one of the information desks.
Last updated on 3/11/2014.