About Pinole Medical Office
1301 Pinole Valley Road
Pinole, CA 94564
Kaiser Permanente East Bay has expanded its services for West Contra Costa members. The brand new Pinole Medical Office Building, just eight miles from the Richmond Medical Center offers convenient access to members in the East Bay Area, which includes Pinole, El Sobrante, Hercules, Rodeo and Crockett.
The two-level, 61,800 square foot building has direct access at each level from the parking area. Though the building has the same basic interior layout as other KP medical office buildings, the exterior incorporates a traditional craftsman style look to emulate the feel of the Old Town area of the city of Pinole.
The Pinole MOB provides adult medicine, family practice, pediatrics, obstetrics/gynecology, radiology, a lab, a pharmacy, and health education. For emergency services, members will continue to go to our Richmond Medical Center, and for labor and delivery services, the Oakland Medical Center.
Kaiser Permanente recognizes the link between the health of the environment and the health of our people and members. The total health environment at the Pinole facility integrates green features such as:
- bioswales, which contain rainwater runoff from the parking lot areas into the bay
- use of filtered faucets instead of bottled water
- recycled materials such as structural steel and metal studs and subbase for the paving
- innovative green designs and techniques, such as permeable paving and ‘green’ roof
- reducing water use by choosing native plants over turf in landscaping design, and use low water urinals and dual flush toilets
- using PVC-free carpeting, wall and corner guards and chairs
- practicing smart design by making more efficient use of space
- adding design features that support the healing process, such as increased daylight and more green space
- choosing non-toxic or less toxic building materials and cleaning materials
- researching hazardous chemicals and working with vendors to identify safer alternatives
Because the facility was built to ease congestion at Richmond, the opening redistributes existing positions and does not create new openings at this time.