An introduction to Kaiser Permanente services at the Santa Clara Medical Center
New member orientation
Getting your medical record number
Choose your doctor
Medical advice & appointment phone numbers
Transfer your existing prescriptions
Transfer you medical records
Advance Directives & DNR forms
South bay locations
How to use our "kp.org" web site
Help in your language
Thank you for choosing Kaiser Permanente as your health care provider. Our members can access services at any of our locations as soon as your coverage becomes effective. If you aren't sure of your exact effective date, ask your employer.
You will receive your Kaiser Permanente identification card and informational material after your coverage becomes effective. However, since you may need health services as soon as your coverage is effective, the following information can help you get started.
We invite you to attend a pesonal member orientation, where we'll help you learn how to start accessing all that Kaiser Permanente offers, including how to:
- Choose the personal care provider who is right for you. We've got answers to help you select your own personal care provider from one of our primary care departments.
- Transfer your prescriptions and medical records to Kaiser Permanente.
- Get appointments and advice.
- Make the most of your appointment.
- Refill your prescriptions and use our online " Pharmacy Center" and mail-order refill services.
- Get help from Member Services.
- Take classes and access the other services of our Health Education Department.
Please call us at 1-888-466-1800 to schedule a meeting and tour with one of our Member Outreach Specialists.
Printed on your Kaiser Permanente ID card will be your Medical Record Number. This card will be mailed to you.
However, if your health coverage is effective and you need care before your card arrives by mail, you can request your Medical Record Number.
Call Member Services, seven days a week from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. at 1-800-464-4000; TTY for the hearing and speech impaired, 1.800.777.1370.
To choose a personal physician or nurse practitioner after you've obtained a Medical Record Number, simply call member outreach at 1 (888) 466-1800 or visit our "Choose Your Doctor" web site.
For advice or to make an appointment, call one of the numbers listed below or call the Kaiser Permanente facility that is most convenient for you. It's helpful if you bring a copy of your enrollment form to your appointment if you have not received your Kaiser Permanente ID Card.
- Campbell Medical Offices - (408) 871-9440
- Milpitas Medical Offices - (408) 945-2933
- Mountain View Medical Offices - (650) 903-3020
- Santa Clara Medical Center - (408) 554-9800
- Chinese Dialects - 1(877) 393-2332
As a member, you may transfer a prescription from a non-Kaiser Permanente pharmacy to any of our pharmacies. Be ready to tell the pharmacist your prescription number and the name and phone number of the outside pharmacy. Our Kaiser Permanente pharmacy team will handle the rest.
This transfer can take up to 48 hours. To use this service, simply call your Kaiser Permanente pharmacy toll-free at 1-877-RXKAISER (1-877-795-2473).
When you visit your Kaiser Permanente personal physician for the first time bring a copy of your medical information. Talk to your doctor about your health history. Your doctor can determine what medical information needs to be included in your Kaiser Permanente medical record.
- Advance Directives - Instructions
- Advance Directives - Generic Form
- PreHospital DNR Form
- MedicAlert Bracelet- DNR Emblem
All locations have Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Obstetrics/Gynecology, Pharmacy and Laboratory services. Please note that only our medical center in Santa Clara has Emergency Services.
- Campbell Medical Offices
(No emergency services)
220 E Hacienda Ave, Vasona Technology Park, Campbell, CA 95008
- Milpitas Medical Offices
(No emergency services)
770 E Calaveras Blvd, Milpitas, CA 95035
- Mountain View Medical Offices
(No emergency services)
555 Castro St, Mountain View, CA 94041
- Santa Clara Medical Center
(Emergency services available)
710 Lawrence Expwy, Santa Clara, CA 95051
With My health manager on kp.org, there's a lot you can do to get and stay healthy. Take a closer look. We think you'll like what you see. Experience my health manager.
- E-mail your doctor or your child's doctor.* After you've selected your personal physician, you can e-mail your doctor routine health questions from the comfort and convenience of your computer.
- Order prescription refills and have most mailed to your home for no additional charge.*
- Schedule routine appointments for you and your family members.*
- View most lab test results, past office visit information, recent immunization history, and eligibility and benefit information.*
- Access other secure features on behalf of your child or another family member, using the "Act for a family member" feature.*
- Use personalized online tools to help you develop a plan to manage your weight, reduce stress, improve nutrition, stop smoking, and assess your lifestyle habits.
- Enjoy a 25 percent discount off regular rates from select providers of complementary health services like massage therapy, acupuncture, and chiropractic services as well as preferred rates on select fitness club memberships.†
- Take advantage of discounts ranging from 12 percent to 27 percent off regular rates on select Weight Watchers®† offerings and discounts on 10,000 Steps®‡, an easy-to-use online walking program.
- Feed your mind and body with classes on yoga, meditation, tai chi, and more. Some classes may require a fee.
*To use these secure features for the first time, all you need to do is register at kp.org/register. Then sign on with your user ID and password.
†These products and services are provided by entities other than Kaiser Permanente. Some Kaiser Permanente benefit plans include coverage for some of these discounted services. Plan benefits must be used before those discounted services are available. Check your Evidence of Coverage for details. Kaiser Permanente disclaims any liability for these discounted products and services. Should a problem arise, you may take advantage of the Kaiser Permanente grievance process by calling the Member Service Call Center at 1-800-464-4000.
‡10,000 Steps® is a registered trademark of HealthPartners, Inc.
Search for "Help in your language" in the Member guidebook for more information about interpreter services.