Family Travel Clinic
Going on an Overseas Adventure?
Your bags are packed. But you won't be ready until you call the Family Travel Clinic at Santa Clara.
- Pre-travel services for Kaiser Permanente members only (applicable co-payments apply)
- Services for adults as well as children
- Pre-travel immunizations and anti-malarial medications appropriate for your area and type of travel
- Information to keep you safe and healthy while traveling
Making an appointment:
- Please contact us 1 to 2 months before your trip. If you have less time than 1 month, we will try to make the necessary appointment arrangements, but it may not always be possible.
- You can telephone the Call Center at the phone numbers on the right side. State that you will be traveling and request that a message be sent to the travel clinic nurse. Give the call center the names and medical record numbers of all travelers, the date of departure and date of return, and the travel itinerary.
- You may also request an appointment by filling out a form at the travel clinic reception desk. Please allow up to 3 business days for the travel clinic nurse to contact you to set up an appointment.
At your Appointment:
- When you go to your appointment bring all immunization records that you have (childhood, military, school, immigration or international travel) and a copy of your itinerary.
- At your appointment the travel clinic nurse will evaluate your medical history and your travel plans and decide with you what vaccines, malaria medications and travel advice you will need for a safe trip.
- We do not offer prescriptions for motion sickness or altitude illness. You may wish to discuss this with your personal care provider.
- We do not provide post-travel evaluations, but if you should become ill upon your return, be sure to contact your personal care provider and mention your recent travels.
- If you have a chronic medical condition, please make an appointment with your personal care provider before your trip as well as an appointment for travel clinic.