With a caring and dedicated team of physicians, nurses, midwives, and lactation consultants, we provide a family-centered experience during this special time.
We are also honored to be Sacramento County’s first "Baby-Friendly™ Hospital," a designation based on World Health Organization and UNICEF standards for excellence in breastfeeding support.
You will receive the individual attention you need on your path to parenthood. In addition to your prenatal appointments in South Sacramento or Elk Grove, you’ll receive:
- A monthly Healthy Beginnings newsletter and access to the Healthy Beginnings website.
- Access to a variety of classes and resources designed to support your journey before, during and after the birth of your baby.
- Specialized prenatal programs focused on your unique needs, including access to full-time geneticists and genetic counselors.
Our caring team of board-certified obstetricians, certified nurse midwives, certified registered nurse anesthetists, anesthesiologists, registered nurses, neonatologists, and pediatricians are ready at all times to care for you and your baby.
- We offer modern and spacious private rooms where you, your baby, and your family can enjoy this special time together.
- We are proud to offer a full-service midwifery program 24 hours a day for mothers who seek a natural birth experience. Our midwives work in collaboration with our physicians and nurses.
- We can help you develop your own personalized birth plan to enhance your experience according to your individuality and personal preferences.
- One option that may be available to you is a labor tub, which offers warm water immersion to help enhance relaxation and provide natural pain relief during the labor process.
- We strive to make everyone in the family feel welcome. Each room has a pull-out bed for dad or another guest.
Your baby and you
- After your baby is born, you will enjoy unsurpassed support and services.
- With board-certified lactation consultants who support your breastfeeding, our hospital boasts the highest exclusive breastfeeding rate in Sacramento County.
- The Breastfeeding Support Center offers additional products and services for breastfeeding mothers while you are in the hospital and after you’re home.
- With our registered dieticians, postpartum support groups, a Mommy & Me Network, and education classes, you will be well prepared for your journey into motherhood.