Stay Ahead of Seasonal Allergy Symptoms with Prevention
The top 5 things for allergy prevention at home:
- Leave your shoes at the door instead of spreading allergens from outside
- Change your clothes to prevent transferring pollen around your home
- Keep your place squeaky clean - regularly vacuum, dust, and do laundry
- Leave pollen outside by keeping your doors closed
- Use a good quality air purifier to filter out many allergens and control dust
- Find more allergy support and information
Rethink Your Pharmacy Refills
Our Mail Order Pharmacy will mail most prescriptions to you, saving you time.
- When ordering most refill or non-urgent new prescriptions, try our Mail Order Pharmacy (shipping always free) by calling 1-888-218-6245 or online at kp.org/refill.
- Most prescriptions can be sent directly to your home and most plans save a co-payment with 3-month supply fills, saving you both time and money.
- If you must visit the pharmacy to pick up prescriptions, please know that peak hours are 11 am - 1 pm and 4 - 6 pm.
Total Health Radio
Tune in to a free weekly podcast series that features Kaiser Permanente clinicians and subject matter experts discussing topics ranging from parenthood and nutrition to disease prevention and healthy sleep habits. Each podcast is 20-30 minutes long. Listen today by going to totalhealthradio.org, or download the podcasts from iTunes and Stitcher.
Be in the driver’s seat with diabetes
While type 1 diabetes is largely hereditary, there are specific things you can do to help prevent type 2 diabetes. The most important thing is to manage your weight. Extra pounds affect how insulin works in the body, and that’s what leads to diabetes. Regular exercise and a balanced diet are the goal; Get tips and learn more.
U.S. News & World Report Ranking
Welcome To South San Francisco Medical Center
Kaiser Permanente has been providing health care in South San Francisco and its surrounding areas since 1949. Our medical center includes our hospital and several outpatient facilities. We hope you find this website informative and helpful in learning about the health care services we provide.
In our accredited hospital, we provide a wide range of specialized services including cardiology, head and neck surgery, and musculoskeletal surgery. Members from Northern California travel to our Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence and at our Cancer Treatment Center . Services such as pharmacies, laboratories, and x-ray/radiology are all conveniently located near our hospital or outpatient medical offices to make it easy for you to access the care you need.
To serve our members and our community better, we are constantly updating and improving our facilities and services. The hospital was honored for its safety and efficiency, and named a 2014 Leapfrog Top Hospital.
Sheila Gilson, RN, MSM, CENP
Cheryl Olson, RN
John Skerry, MD