Open for the Season and Open to the Public, Farmers Market in South San Francisco
Find a variety of fresh fruit and vegetables for sale to inspire healthy eating. The Farmers Market at Kaiser Permanente South San Francisco Medical Center is every Tuesday from 10 am - 2 pm, through October. It is located in front of 1200 El Camino El Camino Real and is visible from the street .
June in Men's Health Month
Whether you're in eligible bachelor, a busy dad, or a proud grandfather, you play an important role in the lives of those around you. So take care to stay on top of your game.
- Look at your lifestyle - be mindful of your eating and exercise habits, and check in with your doctor to see if you need any preventative screenings.
- Stay in training - help lower your risk of colon cancer by 40 to 50% with 30 minutes of moderate exercise, 5 times a week.
- Crunch more often - cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower and Brussels sprouts can help protect against many diseases including cancer.
Rethink Your Pharmacy Refills
Our Mail Order Pharmacy will mail most prescriptions to you, saving you time.
- When ordering most refill or non-urgent new prescriptions, try our Mail Order Pharmacy (shipping always free) by calling 1-888-218-6245 or online at kp.org/refill.
- Most prescriptions can be sent directly to your home and most plans save a co-payment with 3-month supply fills, saving you both time and money.
- If you must visit the pharmacy to pick up prescriptions, please know that peak hours are 11 am - 1 pm and 4 - 6 pm.
Total Health Radio
Tune in to a free weekly podcast series that features Kaiser Permanente clinicians and subject matter experts discussing topics ranging from parenthood and nutrition to disease prevention and healthy sleep habits. Each podcast is 20-30 minutes long. Listen today by going to totalhealthradio.org, or download the podcasts from iTunes and Stitcher.
Be in the driver’s seat with diabetes
While type 1 diabetes is largely hereditary, there are specific things you can do to help prevent type 2 diabetes. The most important thing is to manage your weight. Extra pounds affect how insulin works in the body, and that’s what leads to diabetes. Regular exercise and a balanced diet are the goal; Get tips and learn more.
U.S. News & World Report Ranking
Welcome To South San Francisco Medical Center
Kaiser Permanente has been providing health care in South San Francisco and its surrounding areas since 1949. Our medical center includes our hospital and several outpatient facilities. We hope you find this website informative and helpful in learning about the health care services we provide.
In our accredited hospital, we provide a wide range of specialized services including cardiology, head and neck surgery, and musculoskeletal surgery. Members from Northern California travel to our Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence and at our Cancer Treatment Center . Services such as pharmacies, laboratories, and x-ray/radiology are all conveniently located near our hospital or outpatient medical offices to make it easy for you to access the care you need.
To serve our members and our community better, we are constantly updating and improving our facilities and services. The hospital was honored for its safety and efficiency, and named a 2014 Leapfrog Top Hospital.
Sheila Gilson, RN, MSM, CENP
Cheryl Olson, RN
John Skerry, MD